Speaking of smiling, I have one last Garnerism for 2009. The setting, tithing settlement. The mood, quiet and humble. (The Bishop had just finished talking to our family about what a blessing paying tithing is, how Heavenly Father pours out blessings upon us when we obey this commandment.) He then handed each of the kids their paper with a record of what they'd paid. When Grandpa Garner was here, he gave Garner 25$ to buy himself some Legos. Brian reminded Garner that he still needed to pay 3$ in tithing for the money Grandpa had given him. This is what Garner said: "WHAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I HAVE TO PAY THREE WHOLE DOLLARS?!!!" Then, he grabbed Cole by the collar (Cole was sitting next to him) and said, while shaking him back and forth, "I have to pay three freakin dollars!!" SILENCE. SHOCK. Lucky for us, Brian is a witty man. He joked with the Bishop about Garner showing us the Natural Man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Hilarious!
Michele, I love that story! Garner is quite a cute little guy and he gets cuter and cuter.
Michele--
Garner is SERIOUSLY the cutest kid ever! Look at that personality--I'm sure you just love that little buddy!
The tithing story is so funny! Kids really do say the funniest and most honest things, don't they?! The pictures are so cute that went along with the story to see his fun personality!
thanks aunt michelle. garner is a stinker pants isn't he (quoted from adelyn's very own mouth). we are excited to see you guys. what's the weather like in february? maybe we could fly out before we have to start paying for elsie to fly. love you guys. this is tom by the way-and yes this is my very first blog post.
I'm so glad you started recording Garner's comments! Little did we know all of those years he was observing and coming up with those thoughts! Tell him I miss him!
Post a Comment