May 10, 2012

Tom and Jaden

When we were in Utah, my sweet, talented brother, Tom, spent his last night at home before a long work trip with Jaden.  I don't know how he does it.  He has three children of his own and one on the way, yet he still makes time to love my kids.  He really cares about them.  Tears fill my eyes as I write this because of how much it means to me.  And to them.  I've realized over the last 17 years that it takes much more than my love and Brian's love to raise a child.  Thank you, Tom.  We will always treasure this.  And the boy you've helped raise.

jaden lake from Tom Garner on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Jaden,

That was so full of emotion, besides being just great singing! Wow! You are getting great on the piano, too! Such a talented young man!

Suzanne Cook said...

As always, Michele, your oldest blows me away. He's beyond extraordinary and I have no doubt that even when things seem tough thanks to the "teenage crazies" Jaden will always exceed your expectations and make you proud....It breaks my heart that you won't be right around the corner for me to watch but you know I'll always be here. The Lakes are a part of my heart and a little distance won't change that!

Hillary Garner said...

What kind words Michele! I'll make sure Tom sees this!

Hillary Garner said...

What kind words Michele! I'll make sure Tom sees this!