October 23, 2011

Never Forget This...

I just had a sweet moment that I never want to forget. Usually, I record these moments in my journal and then they're pretty much lost forever because I don't let anyone read my journal. So I'm recording it here. It's Sunday and people were napping. Garner was sleeping soundly on the couch. I was lying on the floor with Channing and Brielle, cuddled up in a blanket. Brielle is a little mother to Channing. I was kissing each of Channing's little body parts saying, "Whose little precious little cheeks are these? Whose little tiny little toes are these? Whose chubby little fingers are these?" And so on. Brielle was kissing each little body part of Channing's with me. Then, out of nowhere, she looked at me and said, (speaking of herself), "Whose chubby little face is this? (holding her cheeks in her hands) Look at this bad boy!" And then we laughed so hard that Channing even started laughing. I love being a mother to this little girl.
Photobucket
By the way, this is a picture of McKenna, not Brielle. Just can't believe how much they look alike to me.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Oh my goodness Michele that is the cutest picture of little McKenna. And then what Brielle said is adorable! Miss you guys. Hope all is well.

Beverly said...

You are so smart to record special spontaneous comments from your little ones. Brielle looks like she could fill in for a modern day Shirley Temple movie to me. I will always remember McKenna when she looked like Brielle. She was darling and still is.

Alison Wilde said...

This is the MOST darling story! I bet you were laughing/crying at the same time. You are so so lucky to have tiny little guys at your house still. There is nothing that brings more joy!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That Brielle is such an uninhibited little girl with a personality that just keeps life fun and interesting!! I miss you, Brielle!

That picture of McKenna certainly could easily be Brielle. So fun to see.

Nicole Christensen said...

Im so envious of all these photos with you and the cousins, i wish it was us hanging out with you and your darling family! Aren't patty and robs little ones TO DIE FOR? Love them, and love your family. Tell McKenna I'm coming to take you guys on a shopping trip asap, and tell Brian he's been in our prayers. We love you all.