October 21, 2011

Jimmer Camp

The two little boys were lucky little boys this summer. They have been die hard Jimmer fans. They have worn their BYU Jimmer shirts as many days as possible and even attended the NBA Draft in NJ just to be in the same place as Jimmer. It made me want to cry when the opportunity came for the two of them to attend Jimmer Basketball Camp for a week. I thought Garner was too young so I didn't sign him up. But when I went to check Cole in, I realized that Garner might just make the cut off. The sweet man in charge didn't even hesitate to let Garner in. Garner started in flip flops while I ran to Target to get him some running shoes. When I got back, he said that Jimmer came over to him and messed up his hair and said, "I like your shoes, dude."
Sweet aunt, Heather, let Cole stay the week with her so that she could drive them each day. I think Cole had the best week of his life! I'm really grateful for role models like Jimmer. He was even better in real life.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
McKenna got to meet Jackson Emery. Jimmer's brother, A.J. and his parents were really sweet with our family.

1 comment:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Attending Jimmer Camp was certainly a dream come true for Cole and Garner. I'm so glad that they were able to BOTH get in. What a fun summer we all had.