June 3, 2010

Westpoint

Elder Holland and his wife came to Westpoint! I guess when you live in the mission field it's a good thing when Apostles visit because you actually get to meet them and talk to them. I think he stared a hole into Jaden's soul. We got to listen to him speak in the Wespoint Cathedral. It was beautiful and powerful. I'm so grateful for the experience and for the way it moved us, hopefully in a better direction. McKenna had a track meet that same day at Westpoint. It was such a glorious day, such an amazing place that I got a little picture happy. Even without the pictures, I know I'd never for this day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Wow, what a day! You had so many wonderful experiences that day, didn't you--watching the kids in all their talents and seeing a General Authority, too! It's so great to keep the kids so involved, and you and Brian are doing that in very worthy ventures.

Heather Williams said...

Look at Mckenna's buff legs! Wahoo. What a neat experience you got to have being in the presence of Elder Holland and his wife. In a couple of those pics of Brielle, I see a lot of you Michele...weird that I haven't really noticed that until now...anyone...Seriously can't wait for July! Brielle and Hattie can be little squirts together.

Love you.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get that day in before you came to Boston! Ditto Heather's comments about McKenna's legs! What a happy family!!!

Ang said...

Go McKenna! She looks like a natural. Call me crazy but I totally got tears looking at the first picture of your family with Elder Holland and his wife. I love that man! Such an amazing speaker/person. I love how his wife has her hand on Cole... she appears very sweet. What a cool experience you'll never forget! Nothing like an apostle in your presence.

Alison Wilde said...

I agree...being in the missionfield is fabulous, especially when G.A's come. Elder Oakes and his wife were here not too long ago, and I loved being able to shake hands with him, etc. Also....I can not believe McKenna's amazing muscular legs. Beautiful!! I would love her to give me some personal training!