June 28, 2010

We Miss Jaden!!!!!

Jaden is in Utah working for and spending time with Grandpa and Grandma Garner. This is becoming one of his favorite traditions. We all thought it would be NICE to have a break from our teenage boy. However, we're finding that, though life is a little less complicated, it's not the same without our Jadey Babes. He's moody, but incredibly funny. He eats a lot, but will also eat ANYTHING, including leftovers and whatever the little boys leave on their plates. He creates a lot of smelly, sweaty laundry, BUT, he also folds every piece of laundry that I pull out of the dryer. We even miss him doing P90X every day. Garner doesn't know what to do without his workout buddy and comedic relief. I think the ketchup might go bad in the fridge and the piano might freeze up without the constant playing. We miss his voice, even when it's singing from the top of his lungs! I don't miss texting, I'll admit that. But I miss the way he makes us laugh, EVERYDAY. The way he says YES to anything I ask him to do to help around the house. The funny words he teaches Brielle. When he plops his big body right in the middle of Brian and me, both of us half asleep. I didn't think it possible, but my heart has grown fonder. We really are lucky to have Jaden.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

Your loss and our gain! We've had fun hanging out with Jaden! What sweet words you had to say about him...he really is such a fun cute kid!

Laura Copeland said...

Those pictures of Jaden and Garner exercising made me laugh out loud! Isn't it great to have a big brother? I always wished that I had one!

Beverly said...

My goodness, you love your Jaden and I can see why. He is the greatest big brother, best oldest son and looks like he works hard at everything he does. Such a great blog post, Michele. No matter where these kids go, they take a big part of our hearts with them!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Jaden finally had an opportunity to see your entry about missing him during his lunch hour today! That was really special!!! He truly is a special young man, and we are so grateful to have him all to ourselves for a few days.

Ang said...

Ow! Ow! Go Jado! Can't wait to see him... and all of you of course. ;)