June 8, 2010

More Track!

Jaden has the great privilege of representing his freshman team on the pole vault!! Let me admit that the first time I saw him try to pole vault, I fought back laughter AND alarm. This is dangerous! And very funny, at the same time. BUT, Jaden worked his behind off and actually impressed me at this last meet. He even impressed his coach! They feel like he could have a future in pole vaulting!! Again, fighting back laughter. No, really, he could if he really wanted to. We had the Randalls over for dinner one Sunday. We really love them. He's in the Army and they're moving from Westpoint this month. I'm pretty sure, though, that we'll be friends for life.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

I'm sure Jaden will "have a future" in just about anything he puts his mind to...he is such a talented impressive young guy! What a happy family you are...I love the picture of Jaden with his siblings in the background supporting him! Love you guys and can't wait to see you in a month!

Ang said...

Nice shot of him receiving the baton! That brings back memories of track and field in jr. high and h.s. The pole vault would be tough! But way to go for him to stick with it. I agree with Hill - Jaden will have a bright future whatever he chooses to do.

Alison Wilde said...

Seriously Michele...your kids have to be the most well-rounded kids I know! Check out that body on Jaden!! Amazing!! Would love to see you guys this summer!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Way to go, Jaden!! He is so talented in many, many things. We're very proud of him and excited to see him in just a few days!!

Beverly said...

Olympics, here comes Jaden! Way to go Jaden. Michele, you and Brian do such a good job with all your children.