January 27, 2012

Trek Again

A good friend of mine gave me a picture CD with pictures she had taken on Trek this summer.  So I'm sharing.  I think Jaden and McKenna are pretty adorable pioneers.  Pretty sure that if we were "real" pioneers, Jaden would have made us all laugh along the way, done more than his share of the work, slept every chance he got, and found ways to make his flour into cookies.  McKenna would have worked her tail off (just don't talk to her), taken care of anyone who needed her, eaten grass before touching a dead squirrel, and looked stunning no matter how dirty or frizzy she became.  I LOVE these two.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thank goodness for the Hekkings!  They make EVERYTHING more fun for Jaden and McKenna.

5 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

Trek looks like the greatest experience. My boys have never been, but I think they would be the wimpiest pioneers ever (unfortunately the same as their mom!!) I always love when someone takes pics and gives them to me if I'm not there to take the pictures. You have a sweet friend to think of doing that for you....she did a fab job!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

The Hekkings' pictures were great! All of the kids looked like they were having so much fun. I especially love the picture of the trekkers crossing that stone bridge. What beautiful country you live in.

Laura Copeland said...

I loved the trek pictures, too. What a great experience for young people to have. I didn't see anyone passing out because of heat frustration like I understand they had at ours. Thank goodness! What good sports the kids are!

Beverly said...

That looked like such a great experience for the group. I always am amazed with the clothing the young people come up with to look so authentic. I'm sure they will always remember this trek even though it doesn't look much like they had to go through a dessert!!! I would love to walk through such a beautiful green mountain path.

Beverly said...

Whoops, I meant desert!! Great post.