January 7, 2012

Santa Clause is Coming to Town

December is a lovely month.  Stressful, but lovely still.  I love it because the kids love it.  It was especially wonderful to experience Christmastime with Brielle this year.  Everything was new and exciting.  She is so vibrant and loving and happy.  I can't tell you how many times we just cuddled on the couch by the Christmas tree talking about all that we had to look forward to.  And Channing's favorite pastime was to rearrange the Nativity.  I'll never forget how he looked at Santa Clause (Brian), for the first time.  Brielle ran to me and held on so tight.  She wasn't ABOUT to go anywhere near that scary man UNTIL I told her it was just Dad dressed up in a silly costume.  She smiled up at me and then proceeded to tell every kid in our ward that they didn't need to be afraid because it was just her Dad in a Halloween costume.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Brian took the kids to the Jets/Giants game on Christmas Eve.  Cole came home and told me that he heard a certain word so many times that he didn't even think it was a bad word anymore.  Great.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That is the funniest story about Brielle and her "Santa Claus Dad" dressed in a Halloween costume!!! It looks like your family made some fun memories together. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Maybe next year we will live closer to each other!?!

Laura Copeland said...

Your cute pictures of your kids working on their gingerbread houses brought back so many memories. We did that every year, and every year Amy's would fall just when she thought she had it done. Hah! We look back with laughter, but at the time it was pretty traumatic. Such fun pictures with Santa Claus!

Beverly said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday season. Your family does all the traditional things with each holiday which means you are building some wonderful family memories. I loved seeing even you, Michele, on Santa's lap. You look like one of the kids with your cute boots and Levis. So glad you had a great Christmas.