June 2, 2011

Jaden's other "Ma"

This sweet woman is Jaden's other Ma. She put up with smelly old Jaden on a Trek across the plains of Idaho last summer, in a reenactment of what the Pioneers might have endured for a few days. She has been so good to him. She's nicer than me, prettier than me, and probably even smarter than me. But am I jealous? No way. I'm profoundly grateful that someone like her would step in to help me raise Jaden to be the man that I know he can be. He knows there's someone else out there he can call "the warden". Probably "the nice warden". She came to NYC and spent time away from sightseeing and friends to check in with Jaden. How lucky are we that our paths crossed in this life? Actually, I'm pretty sure it's not luck. It usually never is.
Photobucket
Since we were there, we spent the afternoon strolling through Central Park. I love that place. And I love this pretty little blonde, live-out-loud girl.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: