June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Grandpa, I love you so much. You mean so much to me. And I miss you and can't wait to see you this summer. One of my best memories of you is too embarrassing to put on this blog. Happy Father's Day! McKenna

Grandpappy you truly are the man. I'm so grateful for all that you do for us and for all the good times that we've shared. Thanks for always having a good attitude even when my family is at your house and thank you for not killing me when i burned your bathroom as a youngun. I can't wait to see you this summer and i hope all is well. Happy father's day. Jaden.

Doug, Happy Fathers Day. You have a lot to be grateful for on a day like this. I truly admire the type of Father you are. To have seven children who love and respect you is quite an accomplishment. I can only hope that my kids love me as much as yours do you. I have a lot of great memories. However, the call you made a couple of weeks ago will always remain in my mind. I appreciate your recognition of some important decisions I was in the process of making and the realization that I no longer have my Dad to talk to about those decisions. Your call was a nice recognition that I am not on my own and that you cared enough to reach out and check in with me. I will always remember that. I hope you have a great day and please know our crew in New York loves you. Brian

Grandpa, I love you. Thank you for paying me for bringing you snails. I love your creamies. Thank you for taking us to Lagoon and the cabin and the boat. You are a great grandpa. Garner

Brielle loves you and hopes your toe is all better. She loved sleeping next to you when you came to visit. She thinks you're funny and nice.

Happy Father's Day, Grandpa! You are the best. You make me laugh and you make us have a lot of fun. Something I'll always remember is when I was trying to do a pull up on the boat and you pantsed me. I can't wait to see you and I love you very much. Cole

Dad, I hope you know how great you are. So many people love you and need you. You are a big, important presence in many lives. I'm one of the lucky seven to call you my Dad. You've always made life fun and safe and good. I never felt unimportant or unloved. Just the opposite. My mind and my heart are filled with sweet memories of you. Thank you for taking the time to be a part of my children's lives, too. They really love you. And so do I. I always have and I always will. I, too, hope my children love me as much as I love you. Happy Father's Day ! Michele

3 comments:

Ang said...

Michele... that was so sweet! I'm sure that meant a lot to Dad.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Michele, What a wonderful idea to send your Father's Day card to Dad via your blog! Like I always have said, "Don't worry about the present--just send a card with sentiments, that's what really means the most." That really touched Dad's heart.

Amy Christensen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURES OF YOU WITH YOUR DAD!!!


LOVED seeing you this summer!!! Your family is so beautiful!!!

Can't wait to see you again! :)