January 16, 2009

Christmas 2008

I wish the holidays didn't come and go so quickly. But I'm grateful for them.  Five years now, I have a picture of our kids sitting on these stairs, waiting to go see what Santa brought for them. We're growing up here, in NY.  I wonder what we'll all think of this fact, several years from now.  I hope we're grateful.  Even though I missed my family more than usual this year, I'm grateful for my wonderful little world here.  Uncomplicated and small.  But hey, I'm not saying that I wouldn't welcome "complicated" with open arms.  I think for now, though, for this little time, I have my chicks under my wing and several years from now, I'll miss this time the very most.

"Why did you wake me up for this??"

                 Yahooooo!!!  Legos! 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the picture of your kids on the stairs Christmas morning. They look sleepy and so small. I must say they look like models in the following post!...but so does their mom! Jenn is so talented it makes me happy that she has a gift she can share with others. I just wish I could let her share it with me!
I totally agree with your words about Brielle. Brody is the same way here. He's 4 1/2 years younger then Kennedy. I don't know what he'll do next year when she's at school. He beckons for her to come along anytime we start to go somewhere.
He's almost 2 so enjoy her blink of an eye babyhood.