January 27, 2009

Four Month Old Brielle



I was drying Brielle off when I realized how old she is now.  My heart just about stopped in its tracks.  Isn't it funny how we're never really content with how time passes?  We either want it to speed up to get us through an uncomfortable or painful time, or we want it to slow down, as I've been wishing lately.  How can I bottle her little giggle, her beautiful, toothless smile, her total dependence on me?  I'm grateful we take our memories with us.  I hope that if we make it to Heaven that we can pull those memories right off the "shelf" and relive them over and over again.

4 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Amen Michele, I totally feel the same way. I believe we will be able to do just that. She is beautiful, really. THanks for posting.

heather

Kris said...

Michele, I love your take on this shelf in heaven. Perfectly said.

Philip and Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, so sweet. And those little diaper cover thingies...where did you get it! So dang cute!

Lyndy said...

What a sweet baby girl. Ella was just staring at Brielle's pics while I was looking at your blog. I just know they were best friends in heaven! Hope you're doing well my friend. Take care. Love you!