December 28, 2010

My Little Buddy

I do this every time. Right before I go to have another baby, I cling to the baby that's mine right now. Brielley girl. It seems impossible that my already filled-to-the-brim heart could love another as I do her. She and I are soul-mates. We are with each other 24/7. We have blueberries together with our breakfast, laugh together at "George," do puzzles while I take a bath, look at pictures while she sits on my lap. We eat lunch and talk with each other, read the same books and cuddle together. We wait for the boys to come home from school. We read the Friend magazine and pray together. We share the same toothbrush. We tell each other how much we love each other and then act so excited to see each other the next morning. Because we are. I love the feel of her little hand in mine every time we walk up or down the stairs together. I love the smell of her hair when we cuddle and the fierceness of her hugs and kisses. I love her deep, raspy voice and sweet giggle. I love that when she's sad, all it takes is a few minutes in my arms. She is a precious gift. Just as each child is. I am overwhelmed with gratitude to know that another precious gift is on his way.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I love the way you think, Michele. Your words touched me because they are so well-spoken. It really is hard to believe we have enough room in our hearts to love another child as much as the others. Has anyone ever told you this little girl looks like her grandma Joyce. She has a look about her like Joyce did when she was little.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

What a sweet post! Brielle has had a special two years with you and will always be your little buddy even after the baby is born. She will be so much help and give additional love to the new one!!! I'm so excited to come and help!!!

Hillary Garner said...

That made me cry! You really are such an example to me of a tender, loving mother and you always take the time to express your love to your children! So happy for your family...we just heard the news of the new little one!