January 1, 2011

He's Here!

My sweet Dad just called to ask why I hadn't posted any pictures yet. So here they are, Dad. I lay in my hospital bed last night thinking about you and mom. I whispered our first goodnight prayer in Channing's ear, thanking Heavenly Father for the precious gift in my arms and the ones that had just left my room. And then my heart turned to you. I get it now. Why you've given your life these past 38 years. Why you can't look at me after you've hugged me goodbye. Why you made us sleep in life jackets when we stayed on the houseboat in Lake Powell. Why you didn't like Brian, at first. I thanked Him for sending me to the sweetest, most loving parents a baby could ask for. And then I asked Him to help me be the same.

Channing Brian Lake was born yesterday, December 31, 2010, at 1:45 p.m. He weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces and is 20 inches long. He is so loved.

Last night, around midnight, I got a text from my sister, Jen, asking if they could drive up in the morning from VA to meet sweet Channing. That tells you just a little bit about Jen. She loves babies more than anyone else I know. So Jen and her beautiful family are here sharing this great joy with us and making it even bigger. They drove 5 hours! It means a lot to me that they love our family enough to want to meet the newest member. And Mom, we can't wait for you!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


14 comments:

Jeff and Amy Barlow said...

Congrats, Michele! That little bundle is just adorable. He looks so much like Garner! How fun to have your "brood" all together now. And there couldn't have been a more beautiful mother than you on that delivery table! Goodness...it's not fair.

Love you guys! Welcome to sweet Channing!

Give Jen lots of hugs for me. You're right...sisters are the greatest! And cousins, too.

xoxo,
Ames

Laura Copeland said...

Brian and Michele, We are so happy for you! I agree, he looks like Garner! Anyway, he is adorable just like all the others kids. What a relief to have him here safe and sound!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Michelle, your pictures are amazing but your comments (on the blog) made me cry. What a wonderful tribute to your parents, your husband, your children.....they are as blessed to have you as you are to have them. xxoo Cathi and Maurice

Kinzie Sue said...

Congratulations on another beautiful addition to your wonderful family. I remember when Cole was Channing's size. So much has changed, but one thing is still the same- you are an incredible mother, one to be admired. Enjoy every moment with that sweet boy!

Amy Christensen said...

Congratulations!!!!! Your family is so beautiful. I absolutely love your blog and am so inspired to be like you when i read it. I don't think i have ever looked at your blog with out shedding a few tears. Especially this last time. Channing Lake. Wow, that is so awesome. I am so happy for you. Wish i could come hold him so you could sleep but i know you have lots of great helpers. :)

Beverly said...

Oh Michele, Channing is truly a beautiful baby boy. To see each of your family members as well as Jennifer's family holding him and view the thrill on their faces makes me feel like I was there watching the love. This also brought back memories of the birth of our #6 little guy, Layne. These last spirits really bring an awareness of the miracle of birth to the older children. Congratulations!!

Alison Wilde said...

congratulations! Love the name you guys chose! He is absolutely adorable just like the others! What a perfect Christmas gift to your family!

Ang said...

What a sweet little guy Michele. I envy the fact that Mom and Jen get to be there in the first few days of his life. I'm so so grateful the delivery went well and that you are all doing okay. He's perfect. And you look beautiful! Six kids? Who knew. Can't wait to see the two of you next month!!!

Camille said...

well you look absolutely beautiful michele! you always do, but especially after having a baby. he soooo looks like garner! can't wait to see you next month. loves and kisses.

The Brownies said...

congrats! what a little cutie :)

Heather Williams said...

Michele, ever since Jack was born I've been overflowed with emotion and this post made it pour over even more. What you wrote about mom and dad and your prayer. You are superwoman I tell ya. Channing is so so sweet. You look amazing and so happy too. That's so neat that the Andersons made it up your way. can't wait to talk to you. Love you.

Tausha said...

Congrats. So glad things went smoothly and everyone is healthy and happy. He is beautiful! Boys are awesome!!!

Nicole Garner McConkie said...

He is beautiful. Congratulations! You are such a wonderful mother, he is blessed to come to such a loving home. Best wishes with your recovery.

Kass said...

Michele! Congratulations on your beautiful little angel #6! You look so amazing and your words on our blog are so heartfelt-you do have a gift.

Your children have to be some extra special spirits to be given you for their Mom. (Same goes for Brian as Dad!)

So happy for you and this new arrival of Channing Brian. I love his name too. Enjoy the ride with a family of 8. Wow! Thanks for always being so inspiring!