March 18, 2010

The Funeral

I debated over whether to share these. Some things are just too personal. But when I think of the people I share this blog with, I think it's okay. This is part of our family's life, our history. It has softened our hearts and reminded us of what matters most.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The last time the Lake cousins were all together was at Derek's funeral.
Photobucket
The kids covered Derek's grave with rose petals. Steve was buried right next to his son.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Bev and her sweet sisters, Calleen and Cheryl. Thank you, Nicole, for your beautiful talent.

6 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! The one thing about funerals (and weddings)--they are great family reunions!! I hope Beverly and the rest of the family are doing well! Steve was a wonderful man.

Ang said...

Michele-I'm totally crying right now. Thank you for sharing those. It allowed me to understand a little more the heartache and joy your family was and is feeling. Sweet pictures to forever treasure!

Heather Williams said...

Wow, all those pictures were so powerful, I could feel the spirit as I was looking at them. What a day huh. I hope your family is getting through this little by little. Thank you so much for sharing Michele.

Love you, heath

Laura Copeland said...

What a special family your in-laws have raised--all who love the Lord and each other so much. Your father-in-law had to have left feeling so good about what he had accomplished even in his short time here on earth. I say short time because he wasn't that old--I'm getting very near that age!

Stacey said...

That last picture of Bev and the sisters in a sweet embrace tugs at my heart.

calleen said...

Thank you so much for capturing these precious moments!! We all love you so dearly! It was wonderful being together! Blessings, Calleen