I try to take pictures of each child on their first days of school. Jaden can hardly be called a child anymore. He's a senior. Where in the world did those days and months and years go? I remember his first day of Kindergarten. Cole was a brand new baby and we had just moved to Texas. He had just met his best friend, Kelson. Who knew that they'd be Seniors together? And still best friends. McKenna is a Sophomore. She was missing her XC boys deeply. Cole is a 6th grader. He amazes me with his depth of character. He KNOWS who he is. Garner is in 3rd grade. He's the shyest. And the one that all the girls love. He has a quiet self confidence and has been a little rock through all the storms we've faced as a family. Brielle is the self-appointed queen of the neighborhood. She wasted no time getting to know all the kids and adults in our cul-de-sac. Let's just say that she's a lot of people's BFF. Little Channing discovered the art of opening doors. It gave me numerous heart attacks. Luckily, we live by a lot of sweet people that didn't turn me in to child protective services.
McKenna and Cole ran cross country. We had sweet reunions with friends we hadn't seen for years. Jaden and I cried our eyes out in Les Miserables. I'm glad that I don't cry myself to sleep every night anymore. I'm grateful that the kids are happy and involved and adjusted. Mostly, I'm glad that we're a family again. I'm deeply grateful for the way Heavenly Father has answered our prayers. ALL of them.






















4 comments:
I hope you don't mind that I still follow your blog. I just ADORE your family. Anway, this blog post blew me away. I knew that you were moving, but not all of the details (whys and specific wheres). Now that I see this blog I am even more curious. Did you move to the same place as the Adcocks AND the Santiagos? I LOVE them all! How is it possible that you all end up in the same town in Idaho (if that is the case)? Great post. I could feel your pain and I'm grateful that things are better now.
Moving is always so hard! And especially when you don't have your husband there. I did the same thing when George moved to Florida, and I stayed back in Utah with the kids for 8 1/2 months. I identified with the crying every single day!!!! But like you say, Heavenly Father answers our prayers, and soon we joined him in Florida and life was very different for awhile, but soon we all felt settled and were a real family with a real home again. Darling kids you have! So glad you are settled and happy again!
All I can say is that it was well worth the sacrifice to have your family back in the West and closer to family, especially Dad and me. We are thrilled to have you only five hours away. What a joy it is to see your family grow, develop and thrive here. Life is truly an adventure!!!
I'm still laughing at Brielle's bum crack.:) I love that she's everyone's bf. Love her! And all your kids. You really do have some good ones. So very blessed. Sorry this past year has been rough but look how much stronger, better, and cooler you are now? You have quite the resume.;)
Post a Comment