December 15, 2011

XC Wrap-UP

Maybe it's just me, but I get a lump in my throat every time I see them run.  It could be because they're in pain and I hate to see them in pain.  But I'm pretty sure it's more because they're doing such a hard thing and that makes me proud.  I've been teaching the little boys and McKenna to play the piano.  Garner gets frustrated sometimes and says, "this is too hard!"  And I always say, "yes, but you can do hard things."  I have to remind myself that I can do hard things, too.  I'm really grateful for the running program here in Washingtonville.  The coach and his family have become dear friends.  Here's a lot of pictures, I know, but I love them.  I hope they always run.  I hope they always do hard things.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer Anderson said...

wow-you got some awesome action shots, Michele. They both worked so hard and deserve their accomplishments so much!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

McKenna and Jaden have really worked so hard! Sports are such a wonderful activity for teenagers. Also, being on a team teaches them to work together with others with the same goals and to be trustworthy. That Brielle just gets prettier every picture you take of her.

Laura Copeland said...

This is so fantastic that your kids are keeping in such great shape. They will be grateful for learning this skill at such a young age for the rest of their lives. And teaching them to play the piano is the best--way to go! It takes a lot of patience--believe me, I know!