Let's just say that every one of my kids adores him. Especially Brielle. It's true that she's another appendage of mine, but on this night, she slept next to him. She was truly sad when he had to go. Thanks for being so wonderful, Dad. You know how to make a person feel loved. And so many things about you make us love you right back. I'm a lucky girl, to have a Dad like you. I've known that my entire life. Now my kids are lucky, too. We all know how important a Grandpa is.
May 25, 2011
Unexpected Visitor...
The kids and I were coming home from soccer/dance/track practices one night when my sweet Dad called. No matter what I'm doing, I try to never miss his calls. He asked me, "Hey, how do I get to your house?" "Well," I thought, "First, you take a really LONG plane ride..." But he meant, "What street do I turn on?" Wow. I couldn't believe it! Usually when someone shows up unexpectedly, I'm not too happy. Like the other night, when the missionaries showed up on a school night wanting dinner. I had a towel on my head and wasn't wearing an essential item that should probably be worn when the missionaries come over. But my Dad. That's totally different! The little boys hopped on their scooters and went looking for him. Jaden and McKenna and I hurriedly put the groceries away and the millions of shoes that make it impossible to even get in the door. And then he came. He wasn't teasing me, which was a very real possibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
okay how cool is that! I wish dad had stuff he needed to do in washington:) those pics are priceless too...what sweet kids too!
Once in a while it is fun to have a one-on-one for grandpas and grand kids. I'm so happy your dad took that opportunity. Your kids love him for sure!!
Post a Comment