May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

It's 11:00 at night at the end of a really sweet Mother's Day. My heart is filled to the brim with love and gifts and cards from my family. I couldn't be happier. Yet I find myself scrolling through every picture on our computer to see pictures of my own dear mother. I really love her. And I'm missing her. I remember how hard it was to trade in calling her "Mommy" for "Mom" when I was about 14 years old. And the only reason I made the change was because it was getting embarrassing calling her "Mommy" in front of my friends. I just want her to know that I never cut that apron string for real. I need her now just as much as I needed her then. She's the first person I call when my heart is broken. She's also the first person I call when I'm elated. She knows everything possible there is to know about me and she still loves me. She doesn't try to change me. She's been there for every event in my life. And she tries to be there for every event in each of my children's lives. She's kind and happy and hard-working and so young for her age. I think she's more beautiful every year of her life. Her grandkids ADORE her. Her whole life has been about others. And I'm one of them. She has blessed my life so dearly.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

Soooo true Michele---you have a fabulous mother. Our mother's had a fabulous mother who taught them very well. Hope your day was wonderful Michele---you are a great mother whose love shines through in each one of your family members. There is no doubt they love their mother! You are blessed Michele!!

Heather Williams said...

Ohh michele, I loved that! You are so good to blog the day of! We are so blessed to have our mother and to have such a pure example as her...she is near perfect I'd say. You are such a good mother too michele and are another great example. Thanks for sharing those pics, I love the first one especially...only thing missing...ME!:)

Beverly said...

I really love your mother, Michele. It is very easy to see why she has such loving daughters who love being mothers also. Happy Mothers Day to you!!

Laura Copeland said...

These pictures were so full of emotions, Michele. I loved seeing the beautiful ones you picked of how much you and your family means to Joyce. You can just tell in her face how much she cares. A great blog that truly care from your heart!

Ang said...

Sweet post for Mom. We really are very blessed to have her. The first picture made me laugh. Oh the good ole days when we were all so young and life was so simple. It's neat to see Mom so involved in each of your child's lives and to know they will have similar memories as us.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Well, this post was the dearest, sweetest thing for me to read!!! Thank you for your kind comments. What more can I say than, "Thank you." You are truly a wonderful, dedicated and loving mother that inspires me daily. If I am in any way a success as a mother, it is because of my children.