I'm pretty sure I know who my kids would want for their mother if they could choose! She spends hours playing with them, brings them their favorite things, helps them with homework, cuddles with them on the couch. Brielle cried when she realized Grandma was gone. She did so much for us. She drove my kids EVERYWHERE, deep cleaned the whole downstairs, made the kids bathtub sparkle again, let me take a nap every day, made McKenna's birthday cake, washed thousands of dishes, folded tons of laundry.......this could go on and on!
I had decided that the most precious gift in this life is a baby. I'm pretty certain, though, that a mother like mine is just as precious.
We celebrated our sweet McKenna's 14th birthday while my Mom was here. Can you believe she's 14??? She is a beauty, inside and out. I know, because I get to see the best of her and the worst, but there really isn't a worst. She is a girl I look up to.
I'm anti video games, but THIS little game is changing my mind, just a little! Dance Central is pretty much going to get our family through the winter!!















3 comments:
Beautiful. Mom really is fabulous. We are lucky... I mean oh so blessed. Love the post. Can't believe McKenna is 14?! Wow. I wish I could take a nap on the couch with Channing and wake up to watch you all dance!
AAAAAAAA.....MEN MICHELE! You said it so well. Oh how life is so simple once you get that newborn in your arms...well at least, they make you stop and slow down and enjoy the miracle of them. Thanks for writing all of that, it's such a great reminder to never forget all that mom has done and sacrificed for each and every one of us, and she always will because that is just mom. Can't wait to see you! Really.
Michelle, you have always had such a sweet way of expressing your gratitude and this is the best ever. You are a virtuous woman who gives thanks for those around you and your mother has been there loving you and your family with all her heart. Thank you for your beautiful words for your wonderful mother.
Post a Comment