September 14, 2010

Week Three: Utah!

I LOVE going home. I cry each time we land in SLC and I can see the mountain my parents live on. Some of those tears might be due to the long, agonizing flight, I'll admit. I know I stay too long, I know I add total chaos, but I LOVE being home. One night, it was just my mom, my dad, Brielle and me, asleep under one roof. I thought about the last time it was just my mom, dad and me and felt this overwhelming wave of gratitude. Gratitude for the blessing and gift of coming to their home, gratitude that they didn't stop with just me; that six other people, that I would fall in love with, would join us. This is a really sweet family, no question there. My mom and dad had who knows how many people staying in their home, most of them little. They took us all to Lagoon, Cafe Rio, and even more reunions. It was the BEST.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I even got to see my sweet Grandpa Garner
Photobucket
and my Copeland cousins, whom I LOVE!
Photobucket
and my beautiful Garner cousins!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Every summer, Cole gets to celebrate his birthday with the whole Garner family, lucky boy! He turned 10! And my heart aches to see this precious time flying so quickly and so beautifully. I am honored, every day, that I am lucky enough to be his mother here.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Finally, Jaden got to go to EFY Provo with his best friend, Kelson. I dropped them off and snapped a few pictures. Let's just say that I was crying when I dropped him off. He had some sweet tears when I picked him up at the end of the week.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

I always get a lump in my throat, too, plus a few tears when we start flying over those mountains to come into the Salt Lake Valley. I really identify with your feelings! Great pictures of your events this summer. I know your mom and dad love having you all come!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

What wonderful memories of this summer all wrapped up into one post!! What would we do without you and our grandchildren staying the time you do in Utah if we only get to see you two times a year!?! I'm already looking forward to next summer.

Beverly said...

Michele, you look radiant. You are such a great mother and daughter. I know how good you are to your parents and they love to have you come to see them. Can't believe how your family is growing and that was so nice for them to be together with cousins and family. I really enjoyed your post.