August 13, 2009

Lake Kids 2009

I keep thinking that I'm going to get caught up and keep everything in order, but that is most certainly not happening. I think I need to accept the fact that my life is always going to be filled with clutter and craziness--and I wouldn't trade a moment of this sweet time. Well, maybe a moment or two. Yesterday, out of the blue, I received the most wonderful email from my beautiful sister, Jen. Attached were these pictures. They do something to me, her pictures, that I can't explain. And if a picture can stir this much emotion in me when the child is standing right next to me, how much more meaningful will these pictures be 5, 10 years from now, when they're grown? They have become my most treasured of all treasures. Once again, my heart is filled to the brim with gratitude.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Jen is so talented! But your kids are darling even in your camera shots. I love the ones of McKenna. She looks divine. Brielles personality is coming through and Jaden looks a mixture of Brian and Tyler.

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown. Well I guess it has been over 3 years :). Your family is beautiful, I bet you are so proud.