June 16, 2013

My Dad

I love this Dad of mine.  He's the most giving man I know.  He's ALWAYS taken care of me.  When I was little, he played with me, just like he plays with my kids now.  I remember standing outside on the sidewalk in Rexburg waiting for him to come home.  He'd catch water skippers in the ditch with me.  He once had a water fight with Camille and me on the front lawn of Grandpa and Grandma Garner's in his UNDERWEAR.  He's the best person I know to play hide-and-seek with.  Growing up, he made carmel corn every weekend and always begged us to cuddle on the couch with him.  My brother, Tom, reminds me a lot of the way I remember my Dad when I was little.  I had the BEST life.

Now that I'm grown, with a family of my own, my love for my Dad has deepened.  I'm pretty sure I drove him crazy when I was a teenager.  I get that now.  I wish I could go back in time and erase any unkindness or disrespect that I showed him.  He was right about everything.  : ) I also realize how much I've taken for granted.  Him, especially.  He's there for me, just like he always was when I was little.  I know that if I ever needed him, he'd drop everything and drive 5 hours to be with me.  He still gives me everything he has.  He still cares more about me than he does about himself.  He has made it easy for me to understand how loving and kind my Heavenly Father must be.  I love you, Dad.  Thank you for being my Dad.

 photo DSC_0140-1_zpsb515567e.jpg
 photo DSC_0143-2_zpsae8cc175.jpg
 photo DSC_0146-2_zps5f78f041.jpg
 photo DSC_0153-2_zpsfb24079d.jpg
 photo DSC_0155-1_zpsb026a8a2.jpg

 photo DSC_0151-1_zps334e3a8b.jpg

3 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

What great pictures filled with so many wonderful memories! I don't think you've ever done anything to disappoint your dad. You've always been a wonderful daughter--and yes, you have a fantastic, caring dad. Such a sweet post!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That was such a thoughtful, sincere and sweet post! Your dad will truly be touched reading it. I'll make sure he sees it when he returns from Alaska. Thanks for being such a wonderful, appreciative daughter! Dad and I love you very much.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

P.s. Love the pics! Can you believe Dad's mop of hair?