December 13, 2012
Eagle Scout Project
I'm not a lover of the scouting program. So bad, I know!! Maybe I'll love it with one of my other boys, but not Jaden. Don't misunderstand, I LOVE Jaden, I ADORE him. But he was not cut out for this. He is NOT prepared. EVER. So this whole Eagle Scout thing has been a major pain in our you know whats. Can't believe I'm actually verbalizing this! Because Cross Country and Track were such a big part of Jaden's life, he decided to help make the course better. Washingtonville has one of the best courses I know of. One of the hardest, too. Jaden made signs to put throughout the entire course to let runners know how far they've gone and where to turn. It was fun for him, I think, to get covered in paint and hang out with his friends. I'm grateful for all of the leaders and friends who supported him throughout the process. It takes a whole village to raise this boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Great job, Jaden! Just like everyone says, and it is so true, he will appreciate this accomplishment much more in the future. I can't tell you how many times my sons have told me how proud they were to put that on their resumes, as well as community service involvement for getting into, let's say Dental School, or any other specialized diploma like that. They love to see that you are involved in your community!
That's great Jaden had such a meaningful project to him personally, and that you and Brian persevered to the end to help him accomplish his goal. Children do "get it" eventually!!!
Post a Comment