
The sad little ball that has probably been dunked over 10 million times. I had no idea it was in such bad shape until I started finding what I thought were strange little hairy bugs on the floor. Cole and Garner come home from school, drop their backpacks and coats, and play on the outside hoop for at least an hour. Then, they come in, take a shower, have a snack and play for another two hours on the inside, over-the-door hoop with this little ball. Sometimes, the mini tramp is even involved. It's an annoying sound and countless frames and glass have been shattered, but it's sort of what defines these two sweet little boys right now. This ball represents something very, very special.

AND THIS:

The car that we brought THREE babies home in and enough groceries to feed all of Africa. It's the only car Garner has ever known. He helped me clean out belongings that have been in there for 8 fast years and then kissed it goodbye. I'm grateful for all of the sweet memories and the safety that big car provided us with. Call me crazy, but I got a little choked up to see it go.
DEFINITELY NOT THIS:

OR THIS:

Bathtubs in the kitchen sink.

Valentine's Day

McKenna straightened Brielley's hair.

Channing and the big blue ball.

AND his toothy smile.
7 comments:
I loved the old basketball and the note written about what will happen in 100 years. I especially liked the fact that the emergency room was included on the end. Sweet, sweet memories and special times for a mother of six darling children.
Wow! When you told me about the ball, I never had any idea it would look like that. And, the fact that they never asked for a new one. I guess they feel comfortable with that ball. I'm so glad also that you got a picture of Garner kissing the Suburban goodbye and your other memories! I'm so excited to see all of you in one month, but am grateful to see updates of the kids. Love, Mom
Michele, I love posts like these...because I'm such a STINKER for nostalgia. That ball is seriously awesome, hope you never get rid of that...Brielle's cute face, Channings happiness and Garner's letter:) I can't believe he can write like that...where have I been all those years??? That's just it, we HAVE to capture moments like this because they fly by us quicker then we want. can't wait for April...1 more month!
I got a little teary eye'd myself reading this post.....there are seriously some things that even though seem silly, are hard to part with. I think as the kids get bigger, those silly little things even get sweeter. You are so smart to blog about them so you will remember, Michele. Great idea!!
When I saw the sweet blog of your memories, I thought how great it was that we can blog now to keep those memories alive. What may seem so minor now truly will mean so much through the years. I laughed about the ball, too. With five boys, we went through so many balls. None of them quite looked like that, I will admit, but they certainly looked well used!
So cool how much that bball got used! Love those little boys. And Brielle looks so grown up with straight hair! You got rid of the old Suburban, eh? I'm excited to see what you replaced it with.:)
Just love it all!!!!!
Post a Comment