March 26, 2012

MARCHin' ON

Our family caught the flu this year.  A REALLY bad flu.  Lots of big messes.  It started with Channing and then moved to McKenna.  She was up all through the night and halfway through, it hit me.  Sweet Brian took care of BOTH of us and then left for work.  She and I spent the day laying wherever we could. It was AWFUL.  Brielle took better care of us than an adult could have.  She was amazing.  The next night, Jaden took a turn at the toilet.  It hit him with such force that he fainted and bit a hole in his lip that is the most painful thing I've seen.

The reason I'm telling this story is because of Brian.  Sweet, gentle Brian.  He left for Philadelphia.  That night, in the hotel, completely ALONE, he became ill.  After 10 visits to the bathroom, he, too, fainted.  He woke up on the bathroom floor in a pool of blood and a piece of tooth.  I panicked when he called me because no one was there to help him.  He needed stitches and someone to drive him home.  The man who takes care of so many had no one.  I can't tell you how much I love him; how grateful I am for him.  He made it home, eventually, and slept for almost the entire day.  His forehead is stitched and his tooth is going to get fixed.  This picture shows how wonderful the ER can be for emergencies.  He's alright.  Just don't make him laugh.  He's sore in places he never knew he had.

Photobucket

On a happier note, we've had the most beautiful weather.  The kids play outside until dinnertime.  It's wonderful to see them so happy.  One day last week, a heavy rainstorm came out of nowhere.  I ran outside to get the kids and toys in and this is what I found:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We made our traditional green meal!  Although, after seeing Heather's great ideas, I think we'll change traditions next year.  How UNAPPETIZING is a total green meal?

Photobucket

Coley had D.A.R.E. graduation and Brielle and Channing and I took Garner out for lunch.  Brielle spends hours writing in her "journal" and making notes for her friends.  She loves to wear Brian's glasses.  Cole loves to wear Brielle's coat.  Can't believe it's almost April!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

I can't believe that gash in Brian's forehead! Wow!!! The picture of Brielle writing in her journal wearing Brian's glasses is just darling. Someday you can use those pictures of Garner and Cole in their BVDs as blackmail.

Ang said...

So glad to hear Brian is okay and doing better. What a scare! Your kids are so hilarious... can't wait to see ya'll next week.:)

Michelle said...

your kids are the funniest!

Laura Copeland said...

I seriously feel so sorry about Brian's head, too! That was really a gash! I'll bet it bled like crazy! George had a tree limb fall on the back of his head and had to have stitches a while back. All the ladies in the office asked to see the stitches. Instead of giving him some compassion, they all screamed, "He really doesn't dye his hair!" Hah!