February 13, 2012

Birthday Girl (and boy)...

On January 9, sweet McKenna turned 15.  Lucky for me, she didn't want or need anything extravagant.  She's awesome that way.  It's one of the things I love the most about McKenna.  She's just so down to earth and easy and real.  PLUS, she's good and kind and hard-working.  I know I'm probably not her favorite person to hang out with, but she's one of mine.  I honestly don't know what Heavenly Lottery I won to get to be her mother here.  I know that I nag the heck out of her, but I really don't want her to change a thing.  I've wanted to bottle her up since the doctor first placed her in my arms.  I've heard it said that teenaged daughters can be difficult.  Not this one.
I also found a few pictures of Channing's first cake.  Pathetic, I know, but he LOVED it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

Everything that you say about McKenna is everything I love about YOU Michele! You guys are the perfect "women", beautiful on the inside and out. She truly is a darling girl. As a mother of boys, I pray for more girls out there like her!!!

Beverly said...

I agree with Alison that everything you say about your sweet daughter can also be applied to you. Tell her "Happy birthday" from the Boyle family,also.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

McKenna has certainly been a wonderful daughter (and granddaughter) from day one! And, Channing has brought so much joy and happiness from the moment he was born, also. What would we do without pictures when we live so far away?! Thanks for sharing!