November 12, 2011

Yankees Game and Trip to VA

Brian has always been so great about providing opportunities that are meaningful for each of the kids. He knows Jaden love music, so he takes Jaden and a friend to a concert in NYC on a school night. All the kids are big Jimmer fans, so he takes them to the NBA Draft. McKenna likes to eat at Panerra, so he takes her there as often as we can squeeze it in. Cole and Garner LOVE sports. Brian finds every opportunity he can to take them to sporting events. This time, it was a Yankees game. I hope the kids don't look back and wonder where I was, because I'd really like to be with them, but I also know that someone needs to be at home with the little ones. Honestly, it's my favorite place to be right now. And everyone in this family knows that if the concert is in NYC, and Mom is driving, we'd end up on Long Island. And if the big game is in New Jersey, we'd end up in Pennsylvania. I just wasn't blessed with certain abilities.

We always wanted to see Jaxon play football. But because of school and the fact that we always visit the Anderson's for Thanksgiving, we never got to see him play. Until this year! This kid is amazing!! We always love being at the Anderson's home and with their sweet family. It's a treat for us. This time, we had the added bonus of my Mom being there, too! It was the perfect way to end the summer. I love my family so darn much.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

4 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

So many fun photos of so many fun activities! Isn't it interesting how each child has their own interests and favorites?! That is fantastic that Brian understands each of those interests and makes sure the kids have lots of experiences in those areas.

Beverly said...

I really enjoyed your words, Michelle. You are never boastful about yourself or unselfish in your needs. I love that you enjoy being at home with your children but also love to see them have great experiences and opportunities in life. You are also so good to support family and friends. You and Brian are a good team and it shows in the smiles on your kids' faces. Loved this post!!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That is so wonderful that Brian listens to the needs and desires of each of your children. He is like my father was; he wasn't home much but the time he did spend with us it was quality time. I'm so grateful that I was able to be in Virginia with Jen's and your family also. That was a special time.

Ang said...

I love that whenever I go to comment on your blog, Laura, Bev, and Mom have already beat me to it. Seriously nice of them to always comment, but do they ever miss a post?? Sorry that I miss lots of them. Brian is really the best to always think of his family and to put them first. You guys are all so lucky and he's lucky to have you hold down the fort!