November 16, 2011

September = School and XC

I'm one of the few who cry when school starts. Maybe I should have home-schooled. I feel like I'm sending them out into the cold world and not protecting them like I should. They love it, though. I take comfort in knowing that they're happy and I get to spend sweet, peaceful time with Brielle and Channing. Whenever Brian calls, he says, "you're so lucky." And I know that I am. I love these days. Especially when they all start coming back home.

Jaden and McKenna start running practice in the sweltering heat of August and finish their season in the bitter cold of November. I LOVE seeing them run. Fills me with pride. It's a good day when we get to go watch them run. I'm really proud of how hard they work. And their examples are really influencing the younger kids. Who would have ever guessed? Oh, what am I going to do when they grow up and leave me? Seriously.

Photobucket
I had to include these last two photos of the summer, taken by Jen. She's the best.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jaden-Junior, McKenna-Freshman, Cole-5th, Garner-2nd
Photobucket
Photobucket
My two little buddies
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Nicole Garner McConkie said...

i love getting to peek into your life. Your family is darling, I only wish I could see you more often. Hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful holiday coming up.

Ang said...

No idea McKenna ran for freshman secretary! Did she win? Good for her... she is so awesome!

Jennifer Anderson said...

Such fun photos. I'm so glad you guys made it down to VA. Love seeing the kids running. it reminds me so much of you! Happy Tgiving--will miss you guys, but we'll party soon!

Alison Wilde said...

That little Channing is absolutely the cutest! I love his dimples. Sooo fabulous that your kids are runners. You were probably their first inspiration to run--and can still keep up! Good for McKenna. She is the perfect leader for sure!