March 22, 2011

Sister's Weekend

I have been really blessed to have seven very different and unique and amazing best friends. My Mom and Dad told us all the time when we were growing up that our family would be our best and closest friends. Well, they were right. About that and a whole list of other things! Jen and Sabe were kind enough to extend the invitation and to welcome us all to their home in Virginia. My sweet parents were generous and loving enough to make it all happen. Even though something that I looked forward to for a very long time is over, I'm grateful for the memories and the love that have been added to me. My sisters, my Mom, they know everything about me. The good and the bad and the ugly. Somehow, they still seem to love and accept me. It's a really wonderful feeling, to be loved like that.

Mom, you have always been the perfect mother for us. Thank you for keeping us all going, even when it's been hard. I think you are beautiful and kind and sunshine that we all need and draw from. I know I shouldn't have brought as many kids as I did, but thank you for helping me with them and for loving them like you do. I really love you.

Camille, I love that we've run out of things to fight about! I have so much admiration and respect for you. You are and always have been our "mother hen," taking care of everyone around you. You're beautiful and talented beyond words. I can't believe I'm saying this, but "thank you for always telling me like it is."

Jen, I sometimes wish I had your talent and style and sense of humor. You're really great to be around. Thank you for sharing those things that I love about you so freely with me. Living close to you has been a great blessing for me. You mean a lot to my little family and me. From the time Jaden was born, you've taken this whole "aunt" thing seriously and therefore have a lot of big and little people looking up to you.

Hillary, I mean it when I say that there could not have been a more perfect person for my brother. You have been so good to our family, too; always supportive and forgiving and fun. Thanks for seeing what's good and right, rather than focusing on the negative. You are a great example to me in the way you treat others. I'm so grateful you're one of my sisters.

Andrea, you are a blast and a half! Thanks for making me laugh and for making life fun. I love how strong and independent and real you are. Thanks for making McKenna and Olivia believe that being an adult isn't much different than being a kid. My little tomboy sister has become a real beauty, inside and out. You still might be just crazy enough to go topless to Wild Waters!

Ashley, our genuine, natural, beautiful sister. Have I ever heard you say anything unkind about anyone? I don't think so. I hope you never change. Anything. You wear your heart on your sleeve and it is a kind and gentle heart. You've never needed much to be happy. And look at all that's yours!

Heather, I've always felt close to you, even though we're at opposite ends of this lineup. Thank you for being the darling little girl I couldn't wait to get home to when I was in HS, for sharing your single bed with me when I came home from college, and for sharing two pregnancies and two little girls and two little boys with me. You are talented and strong and beautiful.

Olivia and McKenna, I love and adore you two more than you'll ever know. I'm lucky to always get the two of you in my car whenever we drive anywhere. You make me laugh, you give me hope, and you make me love you more every second I spend with you. You're lucky to have each other. I hope you realize that now and for the rest of your lives. You both are just beautiful people.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

Ang said...

Michele! You are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words to me and to each of us. You have always been the kind and thankful one. You're such a good example of that.
P.S. I love how your birthday banner turned out - so cute! The peace sign reminds me of McKenna.
P.S.S. The mud mask pic makes me look like I have oatmeal whiskers growing out of my chin! Ha ha.

Heather Williams said...

Oh Michele, you are so thoughtful to think of us individually like that. Ya know, you are really great with words (a great talent I think you have)! Thank you for reminding me to focus more on the GOOD things. I have a lot to work on as a sister I think. Anyways, that's besides the point! Thanks for loving each of us for who we are...by the way, your banner turned out AWESOME! You were so diligent to get that thing done!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Well, that was certainly a "pay day" for a parent!!! When the scriptures talk about pure joy in this life, I think your comments came pretty close! Thank you for taking the time to individualize our weekend and your feelings about each of us. I love you all so very much and feel so very blessed to be your mother!

Laura Copeland said...

How wonderful to have a sisters and mother outing together! We all said we need to do the same thing! Thanks for the beautiful post. It was such a joy to see your wonderful feelings about your family! They all certainly deserve it!

Laura Copeland said...

How wonderful to have a sisters and mother outing together! We all said we need to do the same thing! Thanks for the beautiful post. It was such a joy to see your wonderful feelings about your family! They all certainly deserve it!

Hillary Garner said...

Michele you just made me cry...you are a very kind and sweet person! That was such a great trip...one of the only things I left wishing was that I had gone in your car at least once...sorry I missed out on that! Love you!