October 20, 2010

Jadey Babes is 16!!!!!

This will be a big post. Sixteen years is a LONG time! Why can I still feel myself back in our attic apartment with my newborn, precious little boy? Honestly, these have been the best sixteen years of my life. In quiet moments, in that tiny little home, baby Jaden showed me what I really wanted to be. A few words to describe Jaden at sixteen: FUNNY, TALENTED, RIPPED (if it's okay for a mother to say that), LOVED, CREATIVE, MOODY (had to slip that one in), HARD-WORKING, GOOD. When Jaden is in the mood, he's the funniest person I know; besides Brian, of course. Brian is his best friend. Jaden has been blessed with the gift of music. Can I describe to you how it feels to listen to the two of them writing music and singing and joking together? No way. Jaden knows how to work. He knows how to be "Jado the Potato," too. But when he's asked to or when he wants to, Jaden works incredibly hard. He's a good big brother; he carries the responsibility of being the oldest well. Jaden is really nice. His friends and teachers LOVE him. His brothers and sisters ADORE him. He has a good heart. He's so forgiving of the mistakes we've made as his parents and he's quick to try to change when the mistake is his. I hope you'll always build Legos, Jaden. And sing at the top of your lungs when you vacuum or take a shower. Make us laugh like you do at the dinner table and don't ever stop talking to the little ones in our family with that high-pitched voice. NEVER let a day go by without the piano, guitar or singing. Don't ever lose your best friend. Maybe you could find a way to make room for another, as she continues to try to be less annoying and nagging. I love you Jadey Babes. Always have and always will. No matter what.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Jennifer Anderson said...

Best post ever. I love all the pics you posted. Jaden is a stud. you are lucky to have him :)

Laura Copeland said...

Seriously, this was the most special tribute to your son! I loved it! It is so sad that not more people love their teenagers--I think it is the best time ever when raising a child, but most of the parents of the kids I teach can't wait until they are 18 to get them out of the house! So sad!

Heather Williams said...

Loved that Michele, all those pics of him, especially when he was younger...made me really miss him when he was young a lot. We were best buds. Love that kid.

Ang said...

I second Jen's comment... that was the best post Micheley. Those pictures brought back so many memories of who I feel like has always been my little brother. And oh, the pic of him with Derek totally got me. How sweet. Jaden really is a special kid who I adore. Happy Be-lated Big Guy!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Where have those 16 years gone?!? Jaden was the cutest little boy!!! What wonderful memories you brought back with your posting. Your father felt bad we had to stop with seven children and that maybe some other little spirit was up there waiting. I made the comment to him that if they are meant to come to our family they could come as a grandchild. All I know is that I always felt I got my other boy when Jaden came along. He has been so special to all of us, including your sisters! We love you Jaden very much.