SO..........Remember all of the "head-to-head" pictures from the Nets game??? WELL, here's a little story for you. We returned to our home at around midnight that night. We were all so tired that SOMEONE didn't bother telling us that the toilet didn't flush properly. Brielley girl woke up at 6 a.m. When I went to get her, I heard water running. I checked the kids bathroom and THERE IT WAS. Water. Water, everywhere!!! I ran downstairs to find the whole kitchen FLOODED. My heart sank when I found it in the basement, as well. Wood floors ruined, ceilings ruined and rotten cottage cheese smell. It was awful. After cleaning up as best as we could, we started our regular Saturday morning chores. When Brielle woke up from her nap, I noticed two little brown bugs in her hair. I pulled them out and this little alarm went off in me. McKenna googled "head lice" and I just about died. My baby had head lice!! I immediately checked everyone and found it on Cole and Garner, too. So Brian and I headed to the store for "supplies". I treated all of the boys and Brielle. We washed EVERYTHING. I was exhausted and grumpy as can be. By 10:30 Sunday night, I couldn't wait to lay my head down on my clean bed. I asked McKenna to check my head one more time. Guess what she found????


7 comments:
I'm sorry that you had such a terrible experience with your toilet flooding both levels below, and the head lice, but the picture of your three boys with shower caps on made me about "die of laughter."
Oh no!! I'm so so so sorry Michele! That is a pretty bad weekend. What are you going to do with all the flooding damage? Best of luck!
Honestly, these events are devastating, but I can't imagine you ever getting frustrated--tired, yes--but frustrated, no. You are the most positive person in the world--so, I'm glad you are human. It's okay when so many things happen at once! Someday you will laugh about all of this happening at once!
I am dying right now!! I thought this drama only happens to ME! I'm so so sorry. Doesn't it always seem like when it rains it pours?? One day you will laugh your guts out about it though....maybe??? hugs Michele!
Wow! That is crappy! I had head lice once when I was in 2nd grade and I felt creepy crawly for quite a few days (but I did get to miss school with my best friend, so that was a bonus!) Hope you guys are back to normal now! So sad about your beautiful home!
We had the lice thing this summer, Ashlen brought it home as a special treat!!!! Feel your pain.
Now I know why you said you were so exhausted! It was so great to see you guys. I know you're home now and getting things back together. My kids miss their cousins :<
Post a Comment