February 10, 2010

Smile Moments

Sweet little Cole brought this beautiful creation to me one Sunday before church. I LOVE this kid and his amazing heart. Because I couldn't save it forever like I do his other art projects, I took this picture. I love you, Cole.
Photobucket
Okay, this next one was way more than just a smile moment. We (everyone, but Jaden) were on the floor laughing. Jaden, for some reason, received an XXL t-shirt for his rec basketball team. It was HUGE and tent-like on him. Watching him play in that shirt gave us enough reason to laugh! UNTIL the big idea! Jaden asked ME to fix his shirt, you know, make it tighter. So I did. So tight we had to peel it off him!! And Jaden is such a good sport about things like this. He kept his cool even though none of us could look at him without an outburst. My kids have it crappy in the cooking and sewing departments, I am the first to admit. But man, I had us laughing so good!
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Alison Wilde said...

Michele--We are definitely cousins! I was laughing so hard when I saw your "sew job" because I have done that EXACT thing! Where did the skills get dropped from Grandma Rigby? I surely didn't get them to say the least! My boys know better now to not even ask me if they need mending--they tell me they will wait for Grandma Copeland! How pathetic!
p.s. I'm still smiling over this blog!

Ang said...

Oh Micheley. You make me laugh! I love that you at least tried to fix the shirt. T-shirt's are hard to fix... I've tried it myself. I finally just cut the sleeves and tied a knot in the lower portion. But that probably wouldn't fly with Jaden. I love how Cole put a peace sign on McKenna's shirt.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

Michele, That Cole is growing up to be such a handsome young man! And, I guess we need to take some time this summer learning the basics of altering clothes!