December 19, 2008

More Blessing Day

My sweet Dad flew and drove many miles to meet Brielle for the first time and to be there for her Blessing Day.  If he only knew how much it meant to me.  Maybe more often than I should, I start to feel homesick for my family.  I did at girls camp when I was 12, I felt it in college, I cried when I left them to go on my honeymoon!  Pathetic, I know.  Poor Brian!  Actually, the  people we all should feel the most sorry for are my kids.  We won't even cross that bridge until we have to.  Brielle was blessed on December 7, 2008.  Thirty-six years ago, on December 7, 1972, my sweet Dad held me in his arms and blessed me, too.  My heart was very full.




3 comments:

Melanie said...

What beautiful pictures...you have a beautiful FAMILY! I wish we could have been there for Brielle's blessing. She is so precious!

Melanie said...

By the way, I get homesick for my family too....more often than I should!

Alison Wilde said...

What an amazing day you all must have had together. Michele, you look absolutely beautiful in these pictures, and your family is just darling as ever. I'm so glad you were able to have your dad at such a special event. Lucky little Brielle!! Love you! Alison