January 16, 2014

The first half of May... 2013

The holidays are over, the yard is asleep, Christmas is put away--it's time to get this dang blog UP TO DATE!  I've put off May because it was a crazy month:  dance recital, seminary graduation, Eagle Scout, High School Graduation, and the most yard work I've ever done in my life!  I'm so grateful, though.  All these good things.  Really GOOD things.  It's overwhelming and beautiful and so fleeting. I know when I'm in these moments that they're already passing me by.  So grateful for pictures and journals and even this blog.  

I'll start with Brielle's first dance recital.  It's crazy how much I adore this girl.  She entertains me with every word, every move.  I know we're not long-legged girls, in this family, but Miss Brielle has an extra abundance of sass.  I knew that dance was just the place for her.  She makes people smile.  Grandpa and Grandma Garner came up just to see her dance.  It meant a lot to her.  She means a lot to us.

 photo DSC_0429_zps18c563b6.jpg
 photo DSC_0434_zpsa68e1207.jpg
 photo DSC_0381_zps4bd11b87.jpg
 photo DSC_0374_zps17b5fb27.jpg
 photo DSC_0437_zpse0926808.jpg
 photo DSC_0441_zps7289d8c6.jpg
 photo DSC_0450_zpsd4c5e776.jpg
 photo DSC_0453_zpsfc8865c8.jpg
 photo DSC_0454_zps97b67177.jpg
 photo DSC_0468_zps8dca87c3.jpg
 photo DSC_0448_zps9f8aadd2.jpg
 photo DSC_0372_zpsc23f1475.jpg
 photo IMG_1149_zps1c0a431b.jpg

Because my Mom and Dad were already here, AND because they're always helping others, they helped us with some home things.  We were getting ready to move into what might hopefully be our "growing old" and "raising our kids and grandkids" home.  They did everything.  It makes me emotional just to remember the magnitude of what they did to help us.  From remodeling to yard work to moving out AND moving in, to cleaning every inch of every room.  I felt like they were just as excited, if not MORE, than we were.  Oh, to be just like them someday.  And then, like the biggest, sweetest cherry on top, they pulled into our driveway with a trailer FILLED with the most beautiful furniture to fill our home.  Not just any kind of furniture, either.  My sweet Dad spent hours and weeks and months refinishing antiques that he knew I would love in the dark stain that he knew I would love. I'll never forget how it felt to realize that he had time for just ME, love for just ME.  Not that I don't want him to love and care for every person in our family, just that I felt so individually loved and cared for.  Brian and I have had the same kitchen table for 16 years now.  It fit Brian, Jaden, Mckenna and myself just fine, when we bought it.  It became a joke, as the years passed, to try to fit 6, 7, 8 people around that little table.  Now, there's room for more!  Maybe 9?  Brian?  I love my Mom and Dad more than I could ever express.
 photo IMG_1162_zps381b7b22.jpg
My Dad has been starting water fights since I was Brielle's age.
 photo DSC_0420_zpseb41587d.jpg
 photo DSC_0407_zps4b7bac6b.jpg
He found this horse at a garage sale and made Channing's day
 photo DSC_0424_zps14740de3.jpg
 photo DSC_0426_zps38807346.jpg
Then we had pinewood Derby!  Garner's FIRST.  It was a blast.  No, really.  I love scouts.  
 photo DSC_0341_zps9a234df5.jpg
 photo DSC_0332_zps7aef1ba1.jpg
 photo DSC_0355_zpsa0a2a493.jpg
 photo DSC_0366_zps467915ca.jpg
 photo DSC_0056_zpse3906d6b.jpg
And finally, Mckenna took her first photography class.  I'm sure Channing and Brielle and Garner and Cole are thrilled about it.
 photo DSC_0022_zpsc55afd65.jpg
 photo DSC_0133_zps496ffba0.jpg
 photo DSC_0127_zpscc9c5044.jpg
 photo DSC_0113_zps73575d2a.jpg
 photo DSC_0111_zps3462533c.jpg
 photo DSC_0098_zps4f5a655e.jpg


3 comments:

Laura Copeland said...

Don't quit blogging! I always love to catch up on your family and see all their activities. Brielle is such a natural as a little dancer! I love her expressions! And, yes, your parents are such giving people. They always think of others. And finally, McKenna is a great camera person and going to be fantastic like her mother in documenting things of her own family someday, right?!

Jennifer Anderson said...

way to go, Michele! Its great seeing your photos-Brielle is a darling little dancer!

Six Girls and One Boy said...

So glad you live closer now so that we can attend so many of your family's functions. That picture of Brielle sneering in her dance on stage with her leg up in the air is just priceless! McKenna is doing a great job as a photographer. Loved all of the pictures. Thanks for your many compliments. You are a wonderful daughter!