August 17, 2011

NBA Draft and Middle School Graduation

Yep, the same night. I drove the boys to New Jersey, got LOST, was found by Brian, raced back to New York, just in time to see McKenna's 8th grade graduation. First of all, I think Brian is the coolest dad, despite the fact that he missed his daughter's important night. He surprised the boys with tickets to the NBA Draft so that they could see Jimmer. You know, Jimmer. I'm STUNNED when I meet someone who doesn't know who Jimmer is. Second, McKenna can't ever get married because I think I might suffocate from THAT lump in my throat. So proud and so grateful she makes me. And life is a bowl of cherries with my little sidekick, Brielle. How in the world did I get so lucky?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That's too bad that the NBA draft AND McKenna's middle school graduation were on the same day! However, that was so great of Brian to get those tickets to the NBA draft--an experience his boys will never forget. AND, I'm sure McKenna was thrilled that you, Channing and her special little (only) sister were able to be at her graduation. That picture of beautiful McKenna and darling Brielle is just precious.

P.S. McKenna, you receiving that special recognition of "The Heart of Gold" award shows that you are truly beautiful inside, as well as outside--the greatest compliment!!

Alison Wilde said...

WOW Michele! Your kids are growing up as fast as mine are!! I would have loved to see you this summer, I'm just sorry our schedules didn't work out. McKenna is such a beautiful girl, and seriously how amazing to receive the "Hear of Gold" award. She definitely gets that from you, Michele---you and Brian have fabulous kids. Here's to a great new school year!