August 14, 2010

Garner's Big Crash

Garner and Cole LOVE to go to the skatepark. Cole skateboards and Garner scooters. It's adorable. Garner has always been content to let Cole take the lead, without being a follower; more like a supporter. Last Saturday evening, Brian took the boys to the skatepark. When I answered his call, about an hour later, I heard Garner's cries in the background and my heart instantly went into panic mode. It's a good thing Brian is so calm. They were on their way to the ER because Garner had crashed and landed head first on the cement. Brielle saw me crying and climbed up on my lap, lay her head on my shoulder and patted my arm and back until she fell asleep. It was so sensitive of her. I met them at the ER where we waited for 4 hours to have Garner stitched up. He was so tender and brave and completely trusting in the prayers we said together. There just aren't words to describe my love for him. None of the doctors could believe that he left with only stitches, not any broken bones or concussion. I'm so grateful that the first thing a little six year old asks for is a prayer. Someone else loves him even more than me.

I said to Garner, "I wish so badly that this would have happened to me, instead of you." His reply? "Oh, no, Mom. I'm so glad it happened to me and not you. I would never want this to happen to you! I love you too much."

Photobucket
Home from the hospital
Photobucket
Day after
Photobucket
Day 3
Photobucket
Day 4
Photobucket
Day 5
Photobucket
Photobucket
Day 6

3 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Look at that kids smile even after all of that! I'm so sorry that had to happen Michele. Really, what a hard thing I'm sure as a mother to hear about mostly and to see your little boy go through. He's such a sweet kid. So glad he's okay.

Six Girls and One Boy said...

That just makes my heart break to see beautiful Garner Boy all bruised, black-eyed, cut and stitched up! He is such a sweet boy. Tell him I miss him so much.

Hillary Garner said...

So sorry to hear about your big crash Garner! Adelyn likes the second picture...she thinks your pretty tough!